Monday, December 9, 2013

Winter walk adventure

                                                               Today was a good day.
We had gotten some snow not enough to coat it with thick layer of snow, but still nice. There was more snow in the trails and wood compared to my back and front yard.

Saya and Bella hanged outside while I did some outside stuff then we headed for walk. I could tell Saya was ready for a walk as she kept wanting to chase leaves blowing in the wind..

Which I wouldn't have minded, but the leaves were in neighbor's yard. I just told her to come and if she tried to go for the leaves again I told her no and she got hint and headed for the side of the house to look for rabbits or mice.

We then went for walk in the field went six times around the second field trails to get them bit worn down some since it was our first wood walk for the year. We then headed into the woods for final round. Some fallen limbs, and fallen trees, dead vines hanging around in the right side of the woods.  Next walk I'll have to bring my clippers to cut the vines down.

I had to move one fallen tree luckily it was smaller tree compared to thick ones, but still hard to mess with since it was long. I just dragged it off to the side.  Still need to move three more trees..

Saya did good as usual she hanged off to the side sniffing stuff and out of the way and Bella hanged bit too close for a bit so I had to tell her to go and pointed where she headed out of the way and waited for me to finish.

Took nice picture of Saya with my cellphone on the big fallen tree. My phone is a flip type phone not fancy iphone so sending my pics to computer is a bit of a chore..

Also saw some raccoon prints and opossum prints on various areas each time I called Saya to come and pointed to the prints. Saya had fun sniffing them.

Saya smelled the animal den at the base of the tree. Not sure if it is occupied or not.. Maybe when I get a game cam I'll set it there for bit to see if anything goes in or out of it. Which won't be getting one for while as I still need to get a smaller camera.

I'm thinking of getting those tough type cameras or just a small camera. I'd like a waterproof one to protect from snow.

We headed to the trails and I had to drag out a fallen locust tree.. Good workout! Saya was off sniffing around so I called her and she headed to me and we headed home. Bella did well she didn't go off to find deer poo to eat.. yucky Bella.

Cute bird in the yard
I brushed Saya as she is still shedding her coat. once done she went into shiba 500 mode.. Running all over the yard chasing down her balls of fur when wind blew it.

Saya ate her breakfast in am and later after our walk gave her pork ribs which she only ate little bit so she'll get rest of the ribs tomorrow.

Saya is hoping we'll get more snow. I love how happy and excited she acts ready for our walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment