Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fun at the creek

February 17 me, Saya, mom, and Bella went on walk together. Day before was nice, but she wasn't feeling good luckily next day she felt better.

It was chilly 18F in am then got to 20sF or so. Bella needs jacket in cold temps being she is a boxer. The cold doesn't seem to bother her that much compared to couple years ago maybe because she is used to it now who knows..
Bella is getting better with off leash so she gets some off leash time. She still isn't 100%, but she's getting better.

Saya does great off leash of coarse. I try keep things successful and walk during times there is less deer activity and rabbit too if I have Bella off leashing it.

Saya does pretty good coming back after chasing a rabbit, but Bella she still is working on coming back under such distractions.

This walk was mainly for fun.
Saya loves to climb fallen trees low ones or very high ones she climbed the branch that is going up a few times it's bit higher then me.
Coarse we saw some feet prints of various animals like raccoon, deer, squirrel, and even goose or some type of bird.


Saya spots a leaf! She loves chasing leaves in snow, wind, and even in water this one was stuck in the sand. She put her head in the water that didn't work so she walked off a bit then came back and pawed it.
Bobbing for leaf
Maybe pawing at it will help
Success!
Icing up in some spots.
Bella had a ton of fun zooming around. Saya did too she mainly explored areas.
Bella paw print
!
Saya did get some freedom she dragged her leash, but still was able to run around and explore things and she came when called and stuck near the area.
Saya paw print
Saya really wanted to chase floating ice, but she knew the water was a bit deep she'd have to swim to get to it. So she just watched as it floated by. She didn't mind walking in the water, but not swimming.

I think I agree 19F seems a bit chilly to put her whole body in the water though her fur is pretty water proof takes long time to get her wet during a bath.

What Saya investigated Bella sometime had check it out. She was like did you find anything interesting?


Bella didn't mind getting her feet wet either. She has less fur on her feet compared to Saya.


Saya came when called and sometimes Bella thought Saya come meant Both dogs come. haha

I gave her treat too Bella coming to me is a good thing. :)


Why walk through the water when you can jump like super shiba! hehe

I love it when I get lucky and get a nice un blurred action shot like this.

Saya exploring a bit. I relaxed and let her then called her since it almost time to head home.

Saya checking this out
I don't think shiba inu make good breed for off leash work. Things are different and they can be pretty impulsive and not listen to you especially if they see a deer, rabbit, leaf, bag blowing in wind, cat or who knows what.

Shiba inu has breed is good about selective hearing.. Plus they have shibatude..



Saya loves getting on trees.. This creek can flood when snow melts or when we get a lot of rain or combo of both.. This time is is nice and low. During a bad flood time it had gotten up to this fallen tree just the top of the tree was exposed which Saya had to walk across it.


I don't take many hike pictures since my only camera is cheapo phone or my nice camera..

I don't want to risk breaking the camera so I rather keep it home, but it would be nice to capture some fun walks or of Saya chasing a rabbit and pictures of animal prints..

 I plan to get a nice water proof and more compact camera sometime.
 Right now I'd like to get a decent dehydrator and maybe a dog freezer.. That would be nice instead of sharing a freeze.
Once I got closer to my woods I unleashed Saya and we headed to the field to finish our walk.


Vibram five finger spryridon shoes
Winter has been crazy we haven't had much snow lately just light accumulation.

Hard to see this is a flock of cranes flying by. Their noise is distinct so I knew it was them.

 Saya spotted or heard something so she sped up a bit.

It could been a rabbit or maybe bird I didn't hear or see anything I told her come on lets go and said Saya come and she stopped and headed with me to the trail by the pond.

Frozen pond.. It takes a long time of cold to get fully frozen even then I don't feel safe getting on it. I can tell where the springs are flowing into the pond as there is usually signs of it.

I've seen rabbit, coyotes and even deer tracks on the pond few years ago.

As soon as we got to the yard she lay right down to rest.

While Saya was resting I head to the lane to check for cans to collect sometimes people toss them so I get them to later take in for small amount of money.

The white and black dog is my neighbor's dog he used to visit us and get pets, but since his golden retriever companion died he no longer roams much out of his yard.

He's nice dog you don't mess with him he doesn't mess with you.

I walk the dogs past and he is fine with it no charging or lunging at us. I hate rude mean dogs like that.

 Saya investigating the compost wood area.. Neighbor's cat for some reason like to hang here so she probably smells it.
Saya extremely clean no sand or dirt on her. I love shiba breed so self cleaning..

Yesterday Saya was digging at a mole hill in the woods and her face gotten so dirty. She was clean when we got home her paws too.


Nothing feels more good then a sun bath after a nice hike. :)



Synchronize sun bathing time.


No comments:

Post a Comment