Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Taste of the wild boar kibble


Rubbing on the couch feels so good!
I recently got Taste of the wild boar formula.

Ingredients:Beef, chickpeas, peas, lamb meal, egg product, canola oil, wild boar, pea protein, fish meal, brewers yeast, tomato pomace, flaxseed, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid

Protein: 29% Minimum, Fat: 15% Minimum
Calcium: 1.9%, as-fed; Phosphorus: 1.1%, as-fed
Calories: 3,600 kcal/kg (360 kcal/cup) Calculated Metabolizable Energy

Ingredients looks OK sadly Boar is seventh on the ingredients. chickpeas is second on list, peas third and four meat type ingredients five if you include egg products.

I thought I'd try it since it's something different just got 14lb bag of it.

Bella still has her wellness core ocean so once that is close to finishing I'll start transitioning onto the new kibble.

Due to money mom needs cut back till we get some stuff paid off due to various events not saying what.. This is my dog blog not life event blog.

I think the kibble is OK doesn't list what kind of fish they use in fish meal, but all of them seem to be like that.

I'll have to give them a email or call and ask what kind of fish do they use.

Bella gets other things with her meals most times. Either a egg, caned dog food, caned fish, caned pumpkin or mix of all four items as kibble topper.

I give her honest kitchen as a kibble topper sometimes and she gets raw meal once or four times a week as dinner instead of kibble.

Bella loves chicken quarters, cornish hens, and lamb ribs. She also gets boneless stuff, liver, gizzards and heart with meal usually one or tiny bit of each with the bone in item. Yummy.
I'd love to more raw for her, but for now one to four times a week is enough.

Once I get low enough with food in the freeze I plan to organize it a bit so I can have a spot for just Bella's food and Saya's food so I can keep it organized. Chest freezers are nice, but takes some work getting things in order. upright probably be my type of freezer, but I share with parent's right now.

Weather is going to be in the 30s and 40s so I took the other groundhog out and I plan to get it prepped when it's thawed. That way it's done with. I prefer to handle it in 30s or 40 as not too cold, but cold enough to keep the wasps and flies at bay..

I'll probably switch the the Totw duck or deer/bison or lamb kibble once done with the boar, but I thought it'd be interesting to try. Bella and Saya like the taste gave them a piece as a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment