Sunday, May 13, 2012

Green lipped mussel supplement came.

The green lipped mussel supplement came I got two of these to use up we'll see how long it'll last her and if it helps. I might keep supplementing anyways not too expensive for two bottles of it.


Ingredients seems fine. 
Two capsules contain:
Perna canaliculus (Green-Lipped Mussel) . . 1,000 mg
Alfalfa Leaf . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .200 mg
Cinnamon Oil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2 mg


Today is day two on it Yesterday she had one when I got it and second in evening I mixed it in plain Greek yogurt.

This morning I gave it to her by mixing it in caned salmon along with her joint tablet and her bug off garlic stuff. she gets the bug off tablet and joint tablet once a day and she'll get the green lipped mussel powder twice a day.


So far she seems to like it she hasn't refused the stuff it has a mussel, clammy oyster smell or something which isn't surprising seeing as it's green lipped mussel.. hehe

It also has alfalfa Leaf in it which isn't bad I don't think I seen it in some dog food I think honest kitchen maybe not I don't feed that or haven't tried it yet so I forgot.


 I dunno if it's worth giving, but the price is good $26 for 180 capsules of it.

I know someone else who gives it and says they like it coarse they also give another joint pill so it might be the joint pill that helped or could be a combo of the two that has helped with the dog's joints.

I plan give it a try and see how it goes.

Saya's morning supplements she gets one green lipped mussel in am, three bug off garlic in am and one glucosamin and condroitin in am and pm she just gets the green lipped mussel powder.

I have to crush the joint tablet and garlic tablet to mix it with the Greek yogurt or caned fish.

She'll eat the bug off garlic on her own, but the joint tablet she isn't fan of it. It's peanut butter flavor, but I guess not enough.

I have wrap it with bit of cheese, peanut butter to get her to eat it so I find it easier to crush in just give with her green lipped mussel also even though she willingly eats the garlic I crush it anyways so she gets it.

I give her one sometimes two where I don't give her garlic tablets.

Yummy crushed supplements, caned salmon and 2.25oz of grass fed beef kidney a meal only a dog would love. haha

This week I plan to get her some beef sweetbread(thymus) been out of it for long while.. I need to be sure I keep it in stock so I can rotate between that and kidney.

I plan to order the velvet elk antler stuff soon to try too.

No comments:

Post a Comment