Thursday, September 27, 2012

Made dog treats

I recently ran out of dog treats so Tuesday night I made some more.

I didn't put any cooked ground fruit or veggies this time.

I had cooked a 4oz boneless pork 4 2.24oz of liver some was beef some chicken, some chicken heart.

I then mixed 1 mackerel, 2 cans of tuna 4cans of sardines with the canning water.in a large mixing bowl and added seven eggs to it. I probably overdid it on the eggs 4 probably been enough for what I did.

I then ground the cooked meat and mixed with the fish and eggs then cooked 4 bags of cooked turkey not sure how much it weighed probably 4 oz or so.

I used coconut oil to cook the meat can use any kind oil you prefer olive or whatever..

I also added table spoon of melted coconut oil to the mix too for extra flavor.

turkey cooked

pork and organs mixed with the caned fish and eggs
Once thawed and stuff I ground the turkey meat and then mixed with the fish, eggs, and meat mix.
Turkey meat and organs are all ground up and mixed.
I added a cup of oats and a cup of wheat flour can use any other kind of flour if need to. coconut flour is one I plan to try next time I run out of the treats..

I also put 1 clove of crushed garlic in it it's optional though

Here's what they look like when done this was from another time I made them, but they look same except no fruit or veggies in it.

I spread the mix on a greased cookie sheet I just used pam on it. and cook on 350F for 30 minutes then cut them into square shapes or whatever shape you want to make them.

cook for 5 more minutes and then should be done..

Here's the original recipe I found online..
2 small tins tuna in water OR 1 large can salmon in
water
2 eggs
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1.5 cups flour (all purpose, whole wheat, and oat all
work well)

Put fish (with canning water), eggs, and garlic in a
blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into bowl and add
flour, mix well. Press into a greased 9x9 baking dish
and bake at 350F for half hour. Half way through baking,
 cut into squares and continue baking. When done, allow
to cool, remove from pan and break into pre cut squares.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment